About

.of HOPE. INSPIRATION. DREAMS. and the COURAGE to ACT on them.

'Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Growing Pains...

"Crash and Burn"
            - Savage Garden

When you feel all alone
And the world has turned its back on you
Give me a moment please to tame your wild wild heart
I know you feel like the walls are closing in on you
It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold
When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can't take anymore

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

When you feel all alone
And a loyal friend is hard to find
You're caught in a one way street
With the monsters in your head
When hopes and dreams are far away and
You feel like you can't face the day

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

'Cause there has always been heartache and pain
And when it's over you'll breathe again
You'll breath again

When you feel all alone
And the world has turned its back on you
Give me a moment please
To tame your wild wild heart

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

Some people may not understand me, and what I am going through...and that is okay. Savage Garden does, and so does Blair Singer, perhaps Harv...I know God knows...and my close friends and family.

Oprah once said to one of her guests, when you think you understand the lesson being learnt in your life, the Universe will test you. 

I suppose if you understand it truly, then you will pass the test...if you do not understand, you will be forced to re-learn the lesson you were meant to learn. 

- Just be patient with yourself. The process of learning is a steady and sacred process. 
- Be kind to yourself, because if you aren't...who will? The world is not kind to failures. Think of yourself as a success in progress - a work in progress...just keep progressing, as Harv will say.

As Alex Mandossian says: "Sloppy Success is better than Perfect Mediocrity!"

"FIRE, READY, AIM!!!!!" - Alex...God bless your soul, for making me shoot before my little voice drowned out all my insane courage. I know my little voice is there to protect me...but overprotection negates the progress of yourself and the others around you.

I know. I was a victim of overprotection. This is what happens when people believe in a criminal country....and over-protective parents.

I don't regret my parents for doing what they did though. They made every single effort to make sure I was out of harm's way...I am very naive...and I would have had way too many scars to recover from before living out my true purpose...So thank you Mom, thank you Dad. Thank you my second mom (my big sis), and my big bro (my adopted rich dad)...my other bro - my Mr Frost for being my constant guardian...You protect me even when I lose sight of protecting myself.

And my little sister...Who is too wise for her age. Thank you for letting me be silly and too optimistic, because...for some reason...you have my back. And this song that I'm playing now...it's dedicated to the time you replayed it to me...when I broke down in tears because it was too hard.

I am here. Here for you now, if you need me. But I know you're a strong lady.

I am here. Here for me. always.

I have no choice. Because my mentees depend on me. Because my parents...I need to make you proud of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment