About

.of HOPE. INSPIRATION. DREAMS. and the COURAGE to ACT on them.

'Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Sunday 23 March 2014

At Cross Roads

A friend planted a thought in my head today, when he sent me a picture. This picture showed a person walking alone after the road forked, and the crowd went its separate way to the person. It spoke to some of the experiences I’ve been having in the last few days with the people who have become my friends, and no longer fully understand what I’m going through. It made me a little worried to be honest. It also made me realise that the family who love me and cherish me…would either lose me, or I would need to make a more significant effort to make them feel at ease with the changes I’ve been going through. I’ve wondered how people manage to keep their original friends, when they start wanting more and their friends don’t wish the same. I’ve wondered how the friends would react when the person has changed…would his/her friends change with them…or would these friends just write this person off as they embark on their wild, crazy, impractical journey with lots of risk, lots of unknown, lots of unanswered questions.

If I were to embark on my own journey…to make my dreams come true, I would imagine….I would try my best to hold on tightly to the friends that I hold dear, but when they can no longer understand my future problems…it would be inevitable that I would start losing them one by one…if my friends do not grow with me…I don’t know how our friendship is going to work. I can only hope. Maybe I am overthinking it. I am listening to the little voice in my head.

Yes…I have my Mastermind who will support me through my new projects and adventures, while they pursue their own. Together we drive each other to succeed, in whichever separate parallel journey we choose. Can we carry as much friends along the way as possible?

I remember Harv said in MMI, that it is easier to uplift someone when you’re on the top, than trying to push them up from the bottom. As I embark on this new journey, I’ve decided I need to commit to my success once and for all. If I wait for other people to change, to grow with me…I will wait for the rest of my life. People do not like change, especially if the change has been requested from someone other than themselves. I will be successful. The friends who choose to support me will be my closest friends, and the friends who choose to be the stumbling block to my path…even though I don’t want to, but I need to protect my dream and I have no other choice but to let you go. I understand the importance of having practical and realistic friends…and I will keep those friends, who have those questions, and have my best interests at heart. But I may not always listen…I’m sorry, in advance. It is not personal. I believe…that God has put specific people in my life to learn specific lessons. And that’s it.

Why am I getting so emotional? I’ve actually drafted so many things I wanted to say…but nothing seems to be appearing as my fingers type through the keyboard.

Will I be strong enough to handle the loss of my closest friends as I pursue what I want? I am a good person, and I do not hurt people intentionally. But I can foresee, that there will be misunderstandings in the future. Will my new friends protect me and support me from the future that I have envisioned? I hope so. And I trust them fully. My Oracle. My Shi-Fu. My Centre. My New Best Friend. My Jack Frost.

In the world of darkness, you will rejuvenate my light, as I walk on my chosen path…with heart, with meaning, with passion, with purpose, with truth, with God…always. You will catch me when I fall. You will hold me accountable for my results and my promises.

 I guess the final thought I need to embrace is the fact that there are so many new and amazing and wonderful people who have come into my life. If I don’t let go of the negative, and I hold onto friendships too tightly…I will lose the friends anyways. I will embrace change. I will embrace newness. I am courageous. I hope my old friends embrace the new me, and my new courage. I know my new friends will always be my friends in the time to come. My family…thankfully does not have a choice. Whatever changes I go through, you’re stuck with Crazy Donna. Happy Happy Happy. Love.

Ps. This is from an inspiring leader, Mr Cassie said (and I fully agree): "If the  drive for your life is no bigger than your TV, it's going to be hard for you to be successful"

You cannot invite new and better, if the old and rotten are still festering in your life.














No comments:

Post a Comment