About

.of HOPE. INSPIRATION. DREAMS. and the COURAGE to ACT on them.

'Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Monday 24 March 2014

The Fear. Of Missing Out

Fear of missing out...or FOMO. This fear is a real fear. It's a fear that's plagued me (and some of my friends) my whole life...saying yes to things that I know I shouldn't have at the time - or worse, not saying NO, by being silent...trying to please, not trying to hurt...trying to fill the holes in myself and my soul....and your soul. Not trying to hurt...but...

I've hurt you and I've hurt myself more than you can imagine, in my indecision and in my lack of self-realisation. I think you know who you are, if you ever read this. I am really sorry.

Just do it? Yes you need to ACT TO get RESULTS...but sometimes pausing to reflect, before you stumble over yourself and use the rest of your life to correct the wrong and the hurt you caused because you were too impatient. Too impulsive. And too anxious with the possible looming regret of saying NO.

When I was saying yes in those situations, I was saying yes to AMAZING, EXCITING, HOPE, HAPPINESS, FULFILMENT when I wasn't fully there yet. I was not ready then. I was saying yes: Yes to what society sells...because I felt empty. It was what I thought I wanted until it happened. I was waiting for you to complete me. And I wasn't completed during and after...and obviously I did no good job of completing you either.

My helper said to me once: in order to feel love you need to learn to love yourself first. In order to be happy, you need to be happy with yourself first. You need to be happy with yourself first before someone else can be happy with you. I know the risk when you don't say yes at the height of the sale. You leave feeling like there's something wrong with you...you've missed out on the best deal of your life...there may not be another opportunity...someone else could have solved your problem, and you walked away...knowing now you need to take responsibility for your own problems. You may think that now...that you've rejected help, you've been left to solve your problems ...all on your own. ALONE.

I have been so amazed by the quality of information and people I've come across my life...especially after being fired up after a life changing event recently...seminars are amazing when you implement, not when you become a seminar junkie. Buyer's regret vs regret of FOMO. Which is worse?

I am hungry for success in every aspect for my life. I know I need progress, but if my plan becomes too complicated and cluttered and noisy I will end up worse off than where I started. 

Lean and Mean. Simplify.

My Oracle said this to me not too long ago: "Do the things u fear the most!"

The thing I fear the most...is to say NO.

I need to FOCUS NOW TO IMPLEMENT AND DRIVE RESULTS. I need to learn to appreciate and implement what I've learned before I commit to more. 

Charity starts at home. Thank you Jack Frost, for reminding me that I must put myself first...even though I want to help the world. It definitely needs to be a WIN-WIN. If I can't help myself, how do help the people I'm responsible for?

I've put everyone else first my whole life; it is my time. I can't carry more expectations than what's been committed already, even though I feel like I may regret this. But I'm not ready until I am entirely happy with me. Until I have had my ME time...until I've built myself up.

In order to build others up, I need to build myself up first. I may seem like I'm ready but I'm not. The dust hasn't settled yet. I'm still living outrageously and I don't know what's going to happen after the dust settles. 

If you need someone to help you succeed, I will be there as a friend. Just know that I can't commit to more, because I am putting myself first this year. I hope you understand. 

I am learning to say NO, so that my YES is for me. I am not ready for you now, but I am ready for me. I am not alone. My Guardians, my Masterminds, My family, My God...are here for me.

Please don't wait for me. I can't be responsible for that.






1 comment:

  1. The secret is to put your own oxygen mask on first before you try to help someone else.
    Just as in flying, you can’t help someone else if you’re not ready yourself. If you don’t take care of YOU first, you’ll have less to share with the world. Taking time for you isn’t selfish- it’s the best thing you can do for yourself and for others.

    Some of the best advice i ever read was..... Loving yourself isn't selfish, it's complete acceptance.

    My advice to you is to always to remember these words..... " I love you, but i love me more"

    ReplyDelete